Wednesday, November 23, 2016

23.11.2016

23.11.2016

Another splendid day, where even more progress was made. If yu look away from the pesky fact that my rotary tool just died. I’m not sure how that even happened. It was fine perfectly fine yesterday. I even dismantled it to see if any thing was disconnected or if clogged. But no, there was nothing, sero, silch, NOTHING! Luckily I have a spare one,which also died to mysterious circumstances. At least the warranty was not void and I had the receipt. Rotary tools are just too fickle, they're made to do many things, yet they break down on me at the drop of a hat. Anyhow, I decided to remake the gas canister, by recycling an old spent deodorant bottle. Due to a hard angle on the edge, I carefully trimmed the middle ring and the top edge. Useful items can be found all over the place. Which is an art form on its own. Scrounging is the art of utilizing useful doodads, as project parts. Which means that the whole blaster is made from spare part, store bought evafoam and buckets of paint.


The only major setback I had today, was the pesky Chinese letters on Meis gun. Writing them is the easy part. Actually deciphering the strokes and the symbol, not so much. Despite the high resolution picture, the texture turned out to be quite crap. But fortune favours the bold and the patients, and a lovely viewer actually had a copy of the exact letters. The only wrong symbol I could ind, is the one on the canister. These seemingly pointless stickers is what separate good from mediocre. After all I am a trained professional. An airbrush would be super handy to have, but those are way too expensive. Which forces me to go with a simple sponge, it’s a much faster and infinitely more rough way to apply color. I suppose it should be possible to polish off the brush strokes, before going for shiny plastic gloss.

#overwatch #cosplay #mei #zaceron #blaster

Njål Sand

No comments:

Post a Comment