Wednesday, November 9, 2016

09.11.2016


09.11.2016
The show must go on and it’s such a lovely day despite being blistering cold outside. This have the unfortunate effect of giving me less than stellar lighting conditions. But for smaller operations it’s perfect. Such as painting and horn carving. Which was what I did today. But at some point OBS screwed up somehow, so I had to update. Eventually it worked. One of the first things I did after setting up shop, was to cut out a new horn template. By cutting and carving Styrofoam into the right shape and coat it in glue, it becomes a lot more solid. Styrofoam has inherent structural weaknesses, since it’s just a bunch of hard pressed plastic pellets. The whole idea is that the material will take the jolt, instead of the inside. However it also provides me with an easy and light weight material to work with. As long as no one grab me by the antlers, the only problem I will face are doors and transport. Two screws helps keeping the horns in place, hopefully this will prevent them from sliding of, while the glue dries.The next phase I initiated, was to add more paint, aiming for an illusion of depth. Carefully manipulating shadows and highlights can make or break the illusion. Trust me, it will loke real nice when done.

https://www.twitch.tv/zaceron
#skyrim #helmet #illusion #daedric #zaceron

Njål Sand

No comments:

Post a Comment