Wednesday, November 2, 2016

02.11.2016

Cult of cosplay 02.11.2016

This time around I decided to use a truck load of Styrofoam my father left behind. This fluffy material has a myriad of uses. Most commonly used to protect packages from bumps and bruises. It can also be used as isolation amongst other things. In my case I’m using the material to make a Daedric helmet, the kind you’ll find in Skyrim. This lovely head decoration has a shame not unlike a dragons skull. A headpiece with some metal plates and a bark like texture. Topped by several sharp horns. All in all, a very terrible helmet for anything but scaring the pants of pheasants.
I'm horny.

In order to make this helmet, I decided to stack eight layers of foam. After tracing a roughly drawn outline onto the surface I started to cut out the pieces with an cheap knife. In order to keep the parts together I used a selection of screws and glue. But the universal glue ate away at the foam and the gluegun ran out. Eventually I settled for layers of paper and wallpaper glue. I also used an extra thick piece to trace some antlers on, which I then cut into shape.


I got a screw loose.


The helmet actually fits on my nogging! 
#skyrim #daeric #helmet #zaceron #styrofoam #knife #armor

No comments:

Post a Comment