Sunday, November 6, 2016

04.11.2016

Cult of Cosplay: 04.11.2016

This day started of very slow and not on time at all. However I did manage to get almost everything I set out to do done. Such as minor adjustments. On of the most noticeable objects I achieved was the cheek guard plates. Those pieces that is on each side of the head. Those where carved out from foam and glued on with a very potent and Styrofoam friendly sealant. Let me introduce you to a mid tier glue, that is both flexible and quick drying. Sikaflex is a black rubbery like substance, mostly used on walls to make titles stick. As an added bonus it is also water proof.
As usual I use a wide assortment of screws to keep things in place, since they can be removed after wards. Which also means that the hole left behind can be plugged with glue. After that challenge was completed, I went on to improve on the helmets backside, since it has a rather fancy curved neck guard. Since my material of choice this time about is Styrofoam and cardboard. I had to get very technical and creative about how I cut and bend the material. Unlike metal or evafoam, I can’t bend it in unatural angles, without making carefully planned cuts into the cardboard. This does not look very nice or aesthetic at all. Which is why I proceeded to add more wall paper glue and paper strips. In order to keep the cardboard in place, I used more screws and made tiny folds at the edge of the cardboard.

However at some point the stream bugged out on me...
#zaceron #styrofoam #skyrim #cosplay #daedric #cardboard #diy #sikaflex

Njål Sand



No comments:

Post a Comment