Tuesday, November 8, 2016

08.11.2016

08.11.2016
Today started slow, but that did not deter me from my goal of doing more with the helmet. Which is exactly what I did. First thing I did was to remove the screws from the back plate. Since they where in the way and they had outlived their purpose. The Cardboard in the back mostly worked as intended. But as we all know mostly is never good enough. Naturally I had to add more newspaper strips to hide the ridges and to make them smoother. After all I’m making a quality product., despite using a lot of cardboard. The next part that came was to dry it a little after coating it with more glue. Then I proceeded to paint it black. It’s around this point, I came up with the idea of going with an illusion for the metal armor plates on the helmet. There are some ridges, and those I try to emulate with a clever use of shadows and highlights. Though I’m considering actually making the buttons 3d. Unfortunately I had to cut the stream short, as blistering cold took hold. It seems like I have to 
move my operation indoors.
























#skyrim #daedric #helmet #cosplay

Njål Sand

No comments:

Post a Comment