Wednesday, November 16, 2016

16.11.2016

16.11.2016
A rather eventful day where, a lot of progress was made. Not only did I find a very appropriately sized sphere of glass, I also fine tuned and fixed a lot of the smaller details. Essentially I found out that the handle and everything else had to be remade. Ironically enough there is a very real problem with the original design. It’s not meant to be held a normal human hand. There is no room for the fingers and the trigger digs into the middle finger. Which means I had to exaggerate the size of certain pieces. Though that being said, the biggest hurdle was to make the cup for the sphere.

My first idea was simple and made a lot of sense. By covering the ball in masking tape and plastic wrap. With this method I can draw on the lines I have to cut. It’s easy and very simple to do. Yet screwing up I did indeed. I just had to compensate for the foam being ten time thinker than paper. Never the less I did eventually succeed. The process once the shape is cut out is simple. Heat up the foam, press it up against the sphere and then add glue to each. After the adhesive has been applied, just squeeze the ends shut with duct tape. At some point in the near future I will receive some transparent balls to put at the back.


#blizzard #zaceron #mei #blaster #overwatch #cospaly #diy

Njål Sand

No comments:

Post a Comment