Monday, November 7, 2016

Project Synopsis 1



 At some point I decided to make samurai helmet to use as protection while larping. At first I went with a version made from evafoam. However at some point during that process, I decided to go with bike helmet and metal plates. These was cut from a store bought metal plate. It is about 1mm thick, After cutting out the plates and polishing the edges, I drilled some holes. Which provided me with the ability to drag a thread through it. As great as it looks here and all, I still have to add the ornaments and rust protect the plating.


A simple pointy hat, because I felt like giving it a shot. This one is made from evafoam, covered in paint and acrylic latex selant. I did try to make one from grass, but that one turned out too stringy. 

This is a Japanese style lantern lamp. It is made from wood, glass and cement sealant. This makes for a lovely outdoor decoration with a lot of charm. It also happens to be one of my most successful projects so far. In theory it should stand up to snow, wind and rain. Due to the very sturdy base, which I had laying about. I'm not entirely sure where the parts came from in first place. Consider it a DIY recycling project, as almost all the parts came from stuff lying about. Apparently my father gathered a lot of stuff from various gardens he worked within.

#DIY #lapm #helmet #kabuto #lantern #lighting #outdoor #metal #pointyhat #cosplay #larp #cultofcosplay #zaceron


Njål H Sand



No comments:

Post a Comment