Sunday, January 22, 2017

18.01.2017

Stitching Velcro is not very fun, but it is a very important part of securing straps. It's a well known fact by now, that stitching and needle work is not my strongest suit. Stitch by Stitch, piece by piece, I slowly secure the Velcro. That was until I gave the sewing machine a go. Which somehow ended up with me spending the rest of the steam trying to get things working. Despite setting up the thread the right way, it kept snarling. Naturally this means that I have to go back and keep doing it manually with a needle. It is a pain, however the result will be worth it. On a very interesting side note, some lovely people showed up in the chat such as Evil Ted. The man I've copied a lot of foam techniques from. He is apparently a seasoned professional from the entertainment industry. A true inspiration. The biggest difference between the work he does and what I do. I mostly make the costume for my self, so that I can use them. Some will be sold and many will be commissions. All in all quite an awesome stream, where things was done. I have also acquired a working airbrush now.
Twitch.tv/zaceron
Njål Sand

No comments:

Post a Comment