Friday, January 13, 2017

12.01.2017

12.01.2017

Today I started very, very early. Since I had to get up and travel far to restock my supply of EVA foam. And to pick up some materials and some small straps. I had to wake myself up super early and head for the store to restock my food supplies anyhow. Which entails a very long journey of several hours by commute. Unlike Biltema, which is a store chain. Jula had a full stock. Naturally I had to get at least two packs to strap onto my backpack. They are not meant to be carried and are in fact quite unrevealdy. I also squired some battles of latex sealant, that can be used in cracks and crevices. It also has a habit of betting everywhere. Luckily the terrible weather let up somewhat. It’s still windy as heck and we’ve had rain almost every day.

I actually achieved a lot this day. After a lot of tinkering and a messy prototype. I did manage to produce a proper greave. Not only is there the long piece in-front. There is also the short piece attached to the upper calves. As seen on the pictures, the inside have been covered with fabric, a strap and several blue hoops.
The fabric helps holding it all together and prevent some chafing. It will also prevent the pieces from moving on their own accord. Because physics! On one side I attached the blue strap pieces as a hinge. That way I can open and close the greave. While keeping the gap mostly closed. The blue hoops are meant to keep the strap with the buckle in place. It’s a rather simple one. Hold down the leaver and push the strap through. Tightening it will still cause some complications though. Somewhat rectified by keeping the buckle in place with glue. Only good things will come from this.
It will look real nice when it is done!

Twitch.tv/zaceron
#cosplay #overwatch #reaper #greaves

Njål Sand

No comments:

Post a Comment