Tuesday, February 7, 2017

07.02.2017

07.02.2017


Going from boots to belts is a daunting task indeed. I’ve been a tad out of the game lately due to game reviewing. However now I’m back in the saddle again. It feels great, I even made a new follow today, despite a wonky start with missing frames on the stream.

Belts and buckles are very complicated to recreate based on the in game 3d model of Reaper. One set seems to be intended as way to keep the grenades on the side and his trousers in place. The other one is a bandoleer with seven grenade shells I presume. They are going to be quite tricky to make and makes absolutely no sense. They does not fit hos weapons, which makes them useless. Not to mention that Reaper never reloads. The third one is purely studded and edgy decoration. On the side he also carries three grenades. The chrome dome shells with be made with cardboard tubes. For the warhead mantle I’m not entirely sure. I’ve been toying with the idea of using two layers of foam and give the rotary tool a spin. Slowly molding it into shape.

Clip on buckles glued on the foam and hidden by a buckle shaped box, seems to do the trick, when it came to the first belt. The Buckle is just a long piece of foam bent into shape with a pattern cut into it. On the back I joined the two edges with glue and some more fabric. The concept is quite simple. Clip the two pieces together and slide the buckle over. 


For the second belt I had to cut out two strips of foam which I united on the middle, with a plastic to stiffen the gap and reinforce with fabric to keep it secure. The belt itself goes through a gap in a triangular shape, placed over the butt area. A nifty trick to keep the grenade belt in place. On one side there is another buckle of sorts which sandwiches the two belts. The buckle is slightly differently made, due to being much more ornate and smaller. With I secured with plastic and pieces of wood. On the back I plan on placing a strap buckle to keep it in place. Since I can’t just slide two pieces of foam into a gap and expect them to stay there.  

#reaper #blackwatch #overwatch #cosplay #foam #costume #belt 
https://www.twitch.tv/zaceron

Zaceron

No comments:

Post a Comment