Tuesday, February 21, 2017

Maka Scythe- Black Monday 21.02.2017

Makas scythe from Soul Eater

The club I’m running is still here and it is a fantastic club indeed, with many lovely and dedicated members whom are brimming with energy. Unraveled skill and fantastic ideas that’s being created on our cozy loft and at home. This weekend a lan party takes place, one that also holds a cosplay competition, That I Zaceron plan to attend. In order to take pictures of gamers-haven.org

Anyhow back to the business at hand. The scythe is almost to meter tall and one meter wide, with a quite big arching blade. Painted in shiny silver, glossy red and a dull black color. The blade itself is made from a piece of plywood sealed with layres, upon layers of glue. I guess a good polishing tool would be useful for removing the wood pattern. Unfortunately we have no such thing.

The pole is made of wood, with a slot cut into it to insert the blade. Held in place with several screws, hidden by a cylinder. Which was a real nightmare to make. Warping foam around a round shape and gluing it in place is not an easy task. But I eventually succeeded. My every so lovely student did most of the job. I just helped her to assemble it.

Dumpster diving and a hardware store was key do accomplish this project. As the nearby theater was thrwing out materials used for set pieces. Such as many pieces of plywood. I took several pieces under my arm and dragged them all they way up to the clubhouse. It was well worth it. I do realize that I could probably have asked for helt to carry more loot.


The eyes on the side is just a piece of foam curved and glued on, with the illusion of an eye painted on top. Meanwhile the screw at the top is just foam.
Zaceron

#zaceron #black #cosplay #witchking #astrid

No comments:

Post a Comment