Thursday, December 8, 2016

07.12.2016

I have a shot, I have a gun. I have a shotgun! Now I just have to refine it a bit and make at least 5 more of varying quality. Because I have a cosplay plan. To dress up as the reaper and dropping guns around me. Theoretically I need about six of them. The version I’m currently fiddling with is Blackwater. I will also try to make the other type as well after wards. After looking at pictures and the posing in-game, my friend felt that they where visually too small. Yet they are all at the right size. I even based it on the model. So far the project is going quite well and it’s attracting people. That being said, the gun itself is surprisingly tricky to get right. My mind have a hard time agreeing with some of the details and the model is tilted at a very unfortunate angle. From the general look of it though, his weapon is a very fancy big caliber hunting shotgun, with two barrels, that can be broken open to reload. I’ve tested and 7 /12 shells are defiantly not the right shell size. Time to hop to it. To hid bad transitions I keep using paper and liberal amounts of glue and sacrifice cardboard to replicate the details. AS not all of them can, or should be done with foam.

The world is a stage and cosplay is a lot a bout theatrics. It’s an act, especially when competing on stage. Which brings me to my ingenious plan. Reaper is a very man specter thing, with anger management issues. With the uncanny ability to turn into mist and an infinite amount of shotguns. While that is god and all, his ult is a fancy twirl of death and repeating the word die, die, die. Whilst this is going down, smoke billows out. Now that is very, very hard to replicate, without triggering fire alarms, plus I would have to find a way to add sound effects as well. In other words I have to find a way to make it fun and entertaining while staying in character.

#zaceron #cosplay #overwatch #diy #reaper

Njål Sand



No comments:

Post a Comment