Monday, December 12, 2016

12.12.2016



“Die, die, DIE!”
Reaper needs to work on some his catch phrases, he’s way too gloomy and serious. Though that is much of his charm. Despite being a murderous shadow wraith. That being said, the last time I was online I did not report it, due to playing a fun game called Shadow Tactics: Blades of the Shogun and baking gingerbread cookies for Christmas. I did that for a couple of days, so I make uyp for it with this report instead. Instead of working on my already existing shotgun, I decided to make a second shotgun. It’s going to be one of many more to out on the pile. My plan is to make at least six. Maybe eight, which I can throw around me on stage. I usually start with a thick and proper core, that is incidentally the same size as the cardboard tubes I use to make the barrels. I keep finding these pipes at grocery stores all the time. They are virtually free, minus the time it takes to carry them home. Round shapes is the bane of my cosplay existence. Anything chromed, beveled or circular is tricky. Fortunately there is very little of that on shotguns. However the project makes up for that with odd angles and quirky details. At least the details on Mei’s blaster made sense.


A shotgun of this kind, is just two barrels, a breaching mechanism and a firing mechanism. Break it open and insert two shells, close it and squeeze the trigger. Then open and remove the empty shells. Rinse and repeat. Use a saw to cut off the barrel and you’ve got a saw-off shotgun. Maybe the thing on the side is a thumbprint scanner, maybe it is the safety. I have no idea what so ever. The annoying thing is that the second gun is a lot better looking and thought out than the first one. Which will make for some visual dissonance, though that is a cool feature for a stage show, keep dropping better and better looking loot. Somehow I found a very decent way to add the heatsinks to the slide on top. It is far from perfect. But I had the tool to give it a spin. It’s is very flawed and such issues can be disguised as wear and tear. I’ve also discovered a better way to fix the top part. It just require some dirty tricks and masking tape to hide the terrible transitions. Eventually I will make the other shotguns he has as well.

#reaper #zaceron #shotgun #overwatch

https://www.twitch.tv/zaceron

Njål Sand

No comments:

Post a Comment