Thursday, September 7, 2017

Keeping Priorities Straight


I’m not very good at updating this blog at all. Something I clearly should do a lot more often. 
Especially when I have no real topic aside from rambling and anecdotes. Lately I have been making even more Nords in the Fjord videos and great many hours of streaming. Which led me to become affiliated. Which means I can have cheers and that silly little triangles hitting the cup animation. Too bad I cant make a custom one just yet, now that would be awesome. On the other hand I’ve uploaded some snazzy sound effects and experimenter with custom emotes. They work great. Naturally I have not been completely idle on the cosplay front. I made a prototype model of Mercys wings. Not perfect, but a fitting scale to go by. Foam will in all likelihood be used for the wings. Worbla coated craft foam is not a bad solution either. A bit on the expensive side though. After all cardboard has very few positive attributes aside from protecting cargo and prototyping.

Which brings me to my current plan, I’m going to use a lot of cardboard and a bit of creativity to make a prototype larp armor. More specifically a Chinese mountain armor. Its essentially a sort of lamellar/ scale mail. I’m hoping I can somehow coat them in plastic and assemble them properly. Since water will waste the result and making paper look metallic is tricky business. Same holds true for plastic. I can probably at some point cut out a whole bucket load of metal pieces from plate steel. However I have no laser cutter or a way to stamp them out, but hey what is life without a challenge and metal working is fun.

Aside from that I have spent a lot of time playing Star Craft 2 coop, The campaign and Sonic Mania Oh well back to it then.

twitch.tv/zaceron
facebook.com/sandcos


#Zaceron 

No comments:

Post a Comment