Wednesday, June 28, 2017

DIY Uka Uka

Hoga-boga! Anyone remember the spiritual mask that followed the oddly shaped bandicoot, that vanished when damage was taken? I certainly do, and someone gave me the idea, after saying one of my masks reminded him of Uka Uka. Such ideas I consider too good to pass up on. Apparently he was a spiritual shaman of sorts, then he died. Which turned him into a floating mask. A mask that gives advice and invulnerability when three are collected, without taking damage. Uka Uka can be translated into spiritual guidance, which is what he does. For all intensive purposes it's a piece of wood, with a wacky face on it, adorned by several colorful feathers. However I'm not a woodchuck, nor a wood worker. Instead I opted for foam instead. Which I tailored to mostly fit my face. Cut out holes for the eyes and the nose. Then trace lines downwards with a soldering iron, melting groves into the foam. Which gives it a very much wooden look, further enhanced by a decent paint job. Where several gradients of brown was used, the nose is just a red triangle. All in all a very quick build. that I also used on a larp. Basically playing a wonky voodoo priest, with to noisy bells in his belt.
Zaceron

No comments:

Post a Comment