Wednesday, June 16, 2021

I Was Reincarnated as the 7th Prince, so I Will Perfect My Magic as I Please - review....

Hi, my name is Njål #zaceron.


I do love me some good entertainment, asian or otherwise. In this case I am taking a bit closer look a manga with a very long and overly descriptive title  Tensei Shitara Dai Nana Ouji Dattanode, Kimamani Majutsu O Kiwamemasu, which roughly translates into. I Was Reincarnated as the 7th Prince, so I Will Perfect My Magic as I Please. Which is exactly what the munchkin of an overpowered protagonist does after getting reborn as royalty. As in all stories of this very videogame like nature, it has all the usual bells and whistles. Such as the main lead dying brutally in the first page. He was an underleveled pitiful time to practice magic. After all, only a spoiled rich noble has the time to study magic, let alone practice it. The title summarize the plot hook of the story after all.



Thus far the male lead has kicked the arse of everything he has encountered and used his prodigious magic skills to own the heck out of every encounter. Needless to say, to read this story for the plot is practically pointless, since it is filled to the brim with action. Infact everything and everyone in his increasing harem is a powerhouse of attractive female murder machines in attractive outfits. Whom all lust after the young boy, surprisingly enough it has nothing to do with his status as an affluent prince, I can only assume that is a bonus. The main draw of the manga is the really dynamic artwork, which makes the intense action scenes really pop out. Yes I simply enjoy this series for the action and the monster designs.

The characters are so powerful there really is no noticeable stakes at play. However it means that it just stays true to the title. It is indeed a story about a peasant reincarnated as a prince, that practices magic, subjugates demons, while attracting attractive action girls, and rip reality a new orifice. I can not complain about the translation either, it is competently done and due to the dialogue, it avoids the usual trappings of spamming names over, and over again. I do love strong female characters, magic, monsters and good art, so I can not complain about much, aside from the overly long, complicated and descriptive title. Seriously, I thought the idea behind a title was to keep it short, sweet and snazzy. Then again who am I to questions something that works. Oh and it is probably not safe for work and will gleefully put the women in erotic poses and situations and the main character is disturbingly feminine looking.


Signing out

No comments:

Post a Comment